|Attack Style||Melee, Magic, Range|
|Max Hit||Melee-??, Magic-??, Range-??|
|Always Drops||Snakeskin, Zulrah Scales|
|Examine||It's a Zulrah.|
Zulrah is a level 725 snake. It is a solo-only boss, meaning players cannot fight this boss in teams. In order to access the Zulrah boss you will have to talk with Zul-Areth. He's standing to the south wall of the edgeville bank. You will have to choose the first option "Talk about Zulrah & Access" to speak to him about Zulrah and the payment options. He will give 3 options to get entries.
- Pay 250k gp for one entry.
- Pay 1 Abyssal whip for 5 entries.
- Pay 1 Dragon Fire Shield (DFS) for 10 entries.
After you bought your entry(ies) you can enter the boss-island by clicking on Zul-Areth and asking "Take me there!". You will be teleported onto a moon shaped island when you click this option.
There are 3 forms on Zulrah:
- The first form is the red one. In this form, Zulrah inflicts melee damage and therefore it is advised to use the protection prayer "Protect from Melee" to reduce the damage taken. This form is noticeably weaker to range attacks.
- The second form is green. He uses mage and range attacks, so it is advised to switch between the "Protection of Magic" and "Protection of Missles" prayer. When he does the attack animation quickly, it inflicts magic damage and when the attack animation is slower he inflicts ranged damage.
- The third and last form of Zulrah is his blue form. In his blue form he deals magic damage so it's advised to use "Protect of Magic" prayer.
Zulrah changes form at random and often without warning, so it is advised to be ready to switch between protection prayers. Zulrah always starts at the red form (Melee), and afterwards will change between forms at any given moment.
You can only Range or Mage Zulrah. So you may have to bring Mage and Range gear (Although some players defeat Zulrah with range only) as the Yellow/Green form can't be maged. A common way to defeat Zulrah is using Void equipment and bringing a mage helmet and a range helmet so you don't have to switch your full gear when it changes form. As the boss has really high hitpoints, it's advised to bring dragon bolts (e) because their special attack deals very high amounts of damage. You could also bring ruby bolts (e) for the beginning of the fight because those can hit 10% of Zulrah's hitpoints on spec making it ideal for Zulrah. However the ruby bolts (e) are not as accurate as the dragon bolts (e). The magic spell that is best is the spell Blood Blitz or Blood Barrage. It's on the ancients spellbook so you will have to change your spellbook for it. The spell hits pretty accurate on Zulrah and it heals for 25% of the damage inflicted.
Item Quantity Rarity Crystal Key 1 Common Dragon Medium Helm 1 Common Law Rune 1–200 Common Dragon bolt tips 1–24 Common File:Noted Runite Ore.png Noted Runite Ore 1–10 Common Anti-Poison (1) 1 Common Death Rune 1–300 Uncommon Chaos Rune 1–500 Uncommon Pure Essence 1–750 Uncommon File:Noted Grimy Toadflax.png Noted Grimy Toadflax 1–20 Uncommon File:Noted Grimy Snapdragon.png Noted Grimy Snapdragon 1–20 Uncommon File:Noted Grimy Dwarf Weed.png Noted Grimy Dwarf Weed 1–20 Uncommon File:Noted Grimy Torstol.png Noted Grimy Torstol 1–20 Uncommon File:Noted Flax.png Noted Flax 1–250 Uncommon File:Noted Magic logs.png Noted Magic logs 1–100 Uncommon File:Noted Coal.png Noted Coal 1–300 Uncommon File:Noted Dragon bones.png Noted Dragon bones 1–30 Uncommon File:Noted Raw Sharks.png Noted Raw Sharks 1–100 Uncommon File:Noted Adamant Bars.png Noted Adamant Bars 1–25 Uncommon Saradomin Brew 1–10 Uncommon Clue Scroll (Elite) 1 Rare
Item Quantity Rarity Uncut Onyx 1 Rare Serpentine Helm 1 Very rare Toxic Blowpipe 1 Very rare Zulrah Jr. 1 Very rare